RUSSIAN DESIGN PAVILION
RDP: Milan edition
Fuorisalone, DIN - design in
8 – 13 April 2014
From 8 to 13 April the agencies Creativirus and Profi2profit for the first time will present RUSSIAN DESIGN PAVILION at Milan Design Week – the international exhibition project in which talented Russian designers and brands, including A.R.Novate (Anastasiya Gavrilova and Rafael Gaynullin).
After the successful organization of RDP pavilions in Florence and London, the project will present new trends in Milan - the world capital of design. The exhibition will take place in Ventura Lambrate - one of the most popular design districts, namely in a creative space of DIN – design organized by the Italian partner of RDP - Promotedesign.it. There will be showcased as premier products of Russian designers as new collections of about 100 designers from other countries: Italy, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Denmark, England, Ireland, Portugal, Belgium, Hungary, Japan, China, USA and South America.
The program of RDP events includes:
• contemporary Russian Design showroom;
• official presentation of RUB DESIGN BOOK 2014 which has collected best concepts not yet commercially produced to connect designers with companies reducing the distance between two categories. In particular, the book provides manufacturers with the valid design ideas anticipating market demand for creativity;
• RUSSIAN DESIGN PAVILION AWARD CEREMONY 2014, with awards made of Corian ®, in the nominations Creativity, Design Quality and Innovation and Special Prize. The announcement ceremony will be accompanied by stylish gifts from such brands as Evolo, Kay Rigatto, Superglamourous, Maurizio Iacopini. The event is organized with the special support of Bealux Best Selection - Scouting & Promotion Agency (Milan) and Expromt company, one of leaders on the Russian market of hi-tech productions with artificial stone;
• already traditional RUSSIAN DESIGN PARTY featuring the Moscow DJ Marina Kazakova (Woodi);
• presentation of the MOSCOW DESIGN MUSEUM by Aleksandra Sankova. Propaganda design tours: Moscow Design Museum mobile exhibition hall on a bus;
• presentation of the new program of Saint Petersburg DESIGN WEEK 2014 which will be introduced by one of the main partners of RDP, the President of the St. Petersburg design week - Ruslan Chernobayev.
The Expromt company will present a unique interpretation of the Russian craft culture embodied in modern forms and materials designed by Sergey Shashmurin and Alexey Bykov. To create the O-zone collection they were inspired by biomorphic motives which were typical for traditional toys and ware of ancient Russia. The objects form a single sculptural composition with the Russian flavour and graphically stylized ornaments of the interpreted Gzhel painting style put on Corian surface with a special technology.
During the exhibition the following world premieres will take place: Pegtop and Dual View kitchen accessories, Bird and Symphony lamps by Anastasia Gavrilova & Raphael Gaynullin (A.R.Novate), Onetwothree light collection by Alex Petunin, Miracle bowl, Illusionvase, Spinning top sugar bowl, Feeling set of plates by Mateo, Red Hot Chili Table and Sun Table by Narddecor, Symphony lamp by Anna Strupinskaya & Alexey Ivashkevich, Moonless lamp by Natalia Vishnyakova & Georgy Morozov, Hexagon table and Grow up lamp by Anna Kharchenko, Dobrobox cutlery box and Dobrostol bed tray table by Ekaterina Vagurina, Bright Stalk flower vase by Maria Altukhova, Kubo constructor and I cook Moscow baking set by Sofia Zhukova, Tower floor lamp by Dmitry Ochakov, Lodestone Table by Daria Shashorina, Idyll collection of candlesticks and Painter lamp by Vladimir Ivanov, Quick USB Flash Drive by Yury Veredyuk.
RUSSIAN DESIGN PAVILION project continues to draw attention to the problem of Russian design promotion abroad, to the question of development of international dialogue between professionals and organization of joint projects aimed at strengthening of a brand Made in Russia.
Calendar of RDP events:
Friday, 11 April
5. 00 - 6.00 pm
Presentation of RUB DESIGN BOOK 2014
6.00 - 6.30 pm
Presentation of Moscow Design Museum
6.30 - 7. 30 pm
Presentation of Saint Petersburg Design Week 2014
8.30 pm - Russian Design Party & DJ Marina Kazakova
RUSSIAN DESIGN PAVILION AWARD CEREMONY 2014
KOKO MILANOViale Regina Margherita, 30
in collaboration with brand Woodi
DIN / RUSSIAN DESIGN PAVILION opening hours:
8 - 13 April: 10.00 am - 8 .00 pm
Via Massimiano 6, Ventura Lambrate
Press office Promotedesign.it
Press office Russian Design Pavilion